Safe drinking water for children
- Clean their water using sunlight and a clear bottle, a homemade biological sand filter, or by simply storing the water for a while.
- Make latrines out of what is on hand; then use ashes and dirt to control flies and odor.
- Safely use the latrine-collected feces and urine as fertilizer to increase crop yield.
- Make homemade rehydration solution for their sick children and themselves out of water, sugar, and salt.
- Use ashes or homemade soap with micro amounts of water to inhibit the spread of disease.